Landscape Construction Foreman - Careers
Job Position Description - Foreman
Vinca Landscape is a full-service landscape design/construction company that believes in quality and building relationships with our customers and employers. We guarantee full-time work as we are continually expanding in residential property service. We offer career plans, training programs, health & dental benefits, disability insurance, and company events.
We are looking for someone qualified who is willing to manage a small team and be a crucial part of Vinca Landscapes’ growth for years to come. If you have a right attitude, drive to satisfy customers, a passion for creating unique outdoor spaces, and growing professionally, Vinca Landscape is the right place for you.
- Positive attitude, quality, and safety focus
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Practical communication skills – must be able to carry out verbal instructions and report progress
- Comfortable in a physically demanding role. Must be able to lift at least 50lbs
- Valid Canada Work Permit
- Maintains a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Experience in Landscape Construction or the Construction Industry (minimum of 2 years in
a supervisory role)
- Certified First Aid
- Completed equipment certification course (skid steer/excavator/loader)
- Demonstrates ability to lead others + small projects
- Experience to read technical reports, blueprints and other construction documents
- Passed Site Layout course
- Has completed all required LMN online training courses in an asset
- Can operate a smart device for the phone, email, photos, and navigation of TBG time tracking and TBG Hub
- Demonstrated awareness + habits of enforcing company health and safety policies, including the OHSA duties of a supervisor.
- Construction of a wide variety of landscape environments and structures such as retaining walls, pavers, pathways, garden beds, gates, decks, fences, and water features.
- Grading, drainage, planting of trees, shrubs, container stock, installing a lawn, and installing irrigation
- Operate various tools and equipment, skid steers, excavators, jackhammers, hedgers, saws, shovels, drills, etc.
- Site preparation and clean-up. Maintain cleanliness of both job sites and equipment
- Moving and transporting of building materials using hands, shovels, wheelbarrows, carts, machines, etc.
- Hours: 8 am – 4:30 pm
- Days: Monday to Friday
- Vacation: Two weeks paid
To keep employees as safe as possible, we have implemented a detailed Covid-19 Infection Control Plan that addresses site sanitation/disinfection, hand-washing, wearing face masks when social distancing is not possible, and cleaning trucks and tools regularly.
If you’re looking for a great team to be a part of, then join us! To apply, please send us your resume and contact information. Thanks for your interest!
You can also download the pdf version, here.