Landscape Technician Apprentice - Careers
Job Position Description - Technician Apprentice
Vinca Landscape is a full-service landscape design/construction company that believes in quality and building relationships with all of our customers and employers. We guarantee full-time work as we are continually expanding in residential property service. We offer career plans, training programs, health & dental benefits, disability insurance, and company events.
We are looking for someone who likes working outside and is passionate about creating amazing outdoor spaces. If you have a good attitude, drive to satisfy customers, and grow professionally, Vinca Landscape is the right place for you.
- Positive attitude, quality, and safety focus
- Effective communication skills – must be able to carry out verbal instructions and report progress
- Comfortable in a physically demanding role. Must be able to lift at least 50lbs
- Valid Canada Work Permit
- Plant ID and turf knowledge
- Horticulture Certification an asset
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Valid BC driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Work in all weather conditions and be in a good physical condition
- Demonstrates compliance with OHSA, and company health and safety rules + policies
- Wear appropriate clothing and personal protective equipment at all times
- Construction of a wide variety of landscape environments and structures such as retaining walls, pavers, pathways, garden beds, and hardscapes, concrete work, gates, decks, fences, and water features.
- Grading, drainage, planting of trees, shrubs, container stock, installing a lawn, and installing irrigation
- Operate various tools and equipment, skid steers, excavators, jackhammers, hedgers, saws, shovels, drills, etc.
- Assits with site preparation and clean-up. Maintain cleanliness of both job sites and equipment
- Moving and transporting of building materials using hands, shovels, wheelbarrows, carts, machines, etc
- Hours: 8 am – 4:30 pm
- Days: Monday to Friday
- Vacation: Two weeks paid
To keep employees as safe as possible, we have implemented a detailed Covid-19 Infection Control Plan that addresses site sanitation/disinfection, hand-washing, wearing face masks when social distancing is not possible, and cleaning trucks and tools regularly.
If you’re looking for a great team to be a part of, then join us! Please send your application to email@example.com. Thanks for your interest!
You can also download the pdf version, here.